Thursday, May 19, 2005

Explanation: lack of updates.

I made it to Cedar Point after all that weekend, the 7th through the 9th. I arrived at the park 9 pm Saturday, just an hour before closing.
I then went back Sunday from 9 am to 2:30 pm, and headed to Geauga Lake from 4 to 7 pm, and did most everything twice.
Monday, at Cedar Point once again, 9 am until around 4 pm, and went for home.

Then I got tired. My longtime cat and friend died. I had more work for my senior thesis to do. I felt like 'djoy.'

Did I mention my computer crashed?

But I'm starting to get back to normal. By this weekend, I hope to have allenarena.com all updated and redone, especially with new photos of Italian Job: Stunt Track.

Today was the Media Preview for IJST at Kings Island. Invited guests, like me, entered the park, got into limousines, and taken quickly to the ride plaza. The ceremony was very elaborate, with parachuting, stunt driving, and of course, some riding.
But some of the fun was ruined by the storms as I only had one ride before the start of storms, so I ate a very fine catered lunch, including meaty selections on china and silverware. Beyond the media-friendly lunch I expected.
Before things were over, I got a wonderful second ride for the day.

I share some peoples' sentiments about this new attraction: PKI was wanting to build something that would appeal to almost everyone, looking for intense thrills or just fun, and those younger kids to senior citizens, and I think they delivered. It may not be the strata-coaster Joe Thrillsky wants, nor the Nicktoons choo-choo 'Sparky' wanted, but it is just about what everyone in between (most people) would want in a park.

I will have some photos up soon, as part of the newly revamped Allen Arena.com...
I will not be in the eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey area this weekend, but St. Louis will be my destination next weekend. I will be seeing baseball in Busch Stadium, checking out Six Flags, and do Holiday World and Splashin' Safari on the way back.

No comments: