Thursday, April 13, 2006

St. Louis, New Busch just hours away!

In less than 11 hours, I will be leaving town for St. Louis, MO, to see the new Busch Stadium and two games there between the Reds and Cardinals. The new stadium is located on the south of the former (second) Busch Stadium, which served the Cardinals, baseball fans, and the city from May 1966 until October last year, prior to its painful but quick demolition.

Is the new Busch Stadium the best park in baseball? I promise a full, in-depth review, full of videos, and photos and such. I'll look at: the scoreboard, playing field, the seats, stadium/grandstand design, architecture, vertical circulation (elevators, escalators, stairs, ramps), food, prices, souvenirs, concourses, lighting, music, sound system, fans, staff, and of course, the teams!

As if the Wildman might say say, "St. Louis Cardinals forever, Cincinnati Reds... they're OK too." The Cardinals suffered their first loss at the new stadium today, 3-4, in 11 innings, to the Brewers. The Reds leave Chicago after taking two of three from the Cubs, and are tied in first with Milwaukee, 6-3. The Cardinals are 5th, 5-4 record in the second week of the young season. This series at Busch will be exciting. I'll be there for the Friday night and Sunday afternoon games, both behind home plate, though at different levels...

Of course, there's more than baseball in St. Louis. I plan on going to Savvis Center to see the Blues play the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday night, my second NHL game since Pittsburgh in February.

Before that, I'll be at Six Flags St. Louis in the monring and afternoon, riding the great thrill rides and coasters I love doing.

As Willie, who's trying to recover after the shooting of activist Kabaka Oba across from Cincinnati City Hall, I'll give you a FULL REPORT! And I'll check in Friday, after the game for a brief review.

No comments: