Monday, December 26, 2005

Long time since last post... and Christmas

Sorry, folks since the last time i posted, some personal stuff going on lately. But I did have a good Christmas day, having dinner with family and friends, and a fun board game, too.

I guess the "greetings war" is over. I thought that both sides blew it out of proportion. My two concerns:
1) The 'secular left' doing what it can to censor anything related to Christmas!
2) 'Religious right' urging boycotts of retailers who don't mention Christmas in early November!

I am a Christian who believes that the reason for the season is not deep discounts or giving the coolest video game system or big screen HDTV. I have no problem with 'Happy Holidays' in general; I have respect for Jewish and Muslim people as well.
You want a 'Holiday Tree'? Why not decorate it with (Holiday) eggs, bunnies, turkeys and fireworks as well. But I thought it was silly to tell companies and stores to say Christmas WEEKS before the actual, uh, holiday, came up.

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas, whether you got an X-BOX 360, video iPod, a sweater, new pet, or just the love and presence of family.

No comments: