Sunday, September 18, 2005

My latest tour: brief review.

Friday, September 16
Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH - Bonus Weekend, select (most popular) rides were open.


Saturday, September 17
College Football, Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Wolverines vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles. The maize and blue scored 55 points. The green team scored... a good deal of money for playing U-M.

Geauga Lake, Aurora, OH - Oktoberfest was in session. I couldn't make it to 'Oktoberfest Zinzinnati,' so the version with several large roller coasters and beer sliding games unerneath the monorail made do. Geauga Lake may be underrated as an amusement park.


Sunday, September 18
Downtown Cleveland, OH - A lifelong Ohioan (me) finally visits its biggest city,* takes a ride on the rapid transit system (Ohio has one?!) and visits his fourth MLB baseball stadium.
I was to return to Cedar Point, but I can't resist seeing Cleveland and Jacobs Field. Indians beat Kansas City 11-0.

* As a metropolitan area, it is largest. But Columbus is actually the most populated single city, but falls behind Cleveland and Cincinnati in metro population.

I will have longer Trip Reports as time goes on... I am literally about to fall asleep!!!!

No comments: