Friday, November 16, 2007

Back from Mirror Lake

Well folks, I did it. I jumped into Mirror Lake at the OSU campus, nearly naked, for one second. Yeah, I didn't experience to its fullest, as I was completely sober. Of course, there were thousands of other OSU guys and gals doing it, much more drunk, and for a longer period of time, and much louder. It's all about the craziness of the "Beat Michigan Week," as a few hours earler, there was a pep rally underneath the Stadium south stands, with dancing, prizes, cheers, and the football captains, Kirk Barton, Vernon Gholston, and James Laurinaitis* All followed by some craziness and a whole bunch of O-H, "We Don't Give A Damn About The Whole State of Michigan"**, and F**k Michigan*** cheers and shirts. I hope to do this full force next year.


Not long before my going in, I shot some pictures videos of this annual tradition, which takes place the Thursday before the game against the Wolverines. The game's in Ann Arbor this time, but I'll be sure to get season tickets to get to see the rivalry in person in Columbs next year.

* "Tom Allen. I know him, he said hi to me once!" -J. Laurinaitis
** Compared to Kings Island, Cedar Point, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland, Michigan has some lousy cities and amusement parks.
*** I'll put this in the uncensored form in "The Locker Room." I try to keep this particular blog mainstream and work safe.

No comments: