Sunday, February 05, 2006

Pittsburgh Pt 2: Comments and last minute sights

I left off with a trip to Station Square on the Port Authority Light Rail system. The subway station, right near the hotel, might rival that of newer heavy rail lines in Washington, San Francisco and Atlanta. Also, I rode the Monongohela incline, a very interesting and scenic way to see Pittsburgh. Before I leave town to see more of Pittsburgh at home (Steelers in the Super Bowl XL!) I'll drive around downtown, get some more shots of Mellon Arena, drive past Heinz Field (Steelers) and PNC Park (Pirates), and ride the Duquesne Incline up and down.
It's a safe bet that I'll be returning to Pittsburgh soon - I have yet to visit the wonderful Kennywood park nearby, and seeing a baseball game at PNC Park is also worthwhile (preferably against the Reds or Cardinals).

So long, Steel City.

No comments: