Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Latest Loser: The (Screw) Michigan Store

I am now starting a category here at the AAblog dedicated to the people who either make bad mistakes, insert their foot into their mouth, make good people look bad, or simply fail at life.

Had I started this earlier, I would have already nominated a few people. To start:

- Bengals fans, espeically U.S. Representatives Steve Chabot or Jean Schmidt, for electing to not recognize the Steelers' Super Bowl XL victory. Yes, most of the opposers came from the state of Washington (home of the Seattle Seahawks,) but I bet that representatives from Indiana and Colorado (whose teams also lost to the Steelers in the playoffs) had the decency to vote yes.


But let's move to now - even though it's something that's been around for many years, I came across it with some moral outrage. And not just because I'm a Michigan fan.

- http://www.cafepress.com/screwmichigan - that features lots of merchandise shouting 'F*** Michigan' for Ohio State fans and other opponents in the Big Ten conference. Being around me, you know I've complained about those who continue to lower the bar in American society - on our roadways, in our schools, at our beloved amusement parks, and most importantly, at our sports arenas and stadiums. But they sell products products not only for adult men and women, which might make you sick to your stomach - even and especially you're a good and noble Ohio State or other Big Ten fan (I hope).

How about a "F*** Michigan" baby bib? Or a "F*** Michigan" dog suit? They're even proposing a baby bottle for mommy and daddy's favorite alcoholic beverage! I can't wait to see more people wearing this stuff at a local mall or Kings Island this summer!

I'm not talking about the neighborhood bar, or the on-campus dorm room. I'm concerned about this lewd language being aired out in public areas where children are sure to be present!

This why I nominate the, uh, 'Screw,' Michigan Store as the Allen Arena Latest Loser. If you want to help nominate the 'Latest Loser, feel free to reply, but please, keep it relatively clean and logical!

No comments: