Monday, January 16, 2006

Back from Chicago... and feeling BLUE in more ways than one.

I'm back at home on my wonderful new non-PC. Saturday I spent the entire day at Marriott's Linconshire Resort for a fun-filled but LONG No Coaster Con. More on NCC in a later post.
Today, I headed downtown and rode the CTA blue line train from a park & ride near O'Hare and went to Sears Tower for the 103rd Skydeck, then rode the Brown Line around the loop, then back to the car on the Blue Line. While not a coaster, it was a neat experience on rails! Right near our station was a restaurant where I had lunch and saw the Colts-Steelers playoff game, where the theme soon turned to "Oh Crap!"
The moral of the story, I practically lost my heart and mind in Chicago today. Yes, the football fans there aren't too happy, either - but most everyone was picking the Colts to win the Super Bowl. Peyton and Marvin (Harrison, and Ben and Jerome played great today. Mike Vanderjagt? See Jay Feely.
If the NFC team - either the Seahawks or Panthers, don't win the Super Bowl, you might want to find the way to your nearest church.
Or just wait until April for baseball season. Redbirds vs. Redlegs at New Busch sounds great now!

Seriously though, visit Chicago sometime soon! There's more to it than Oprah and other fat people.

No comments: