Tuesday, November 07, 2006

New look for the blog, and other news tidbits.

This isn't the final version of what you may see, but I have changed the layout and colors of the AAblog, to make it look brighter, hopefully easier to read, and overall better.

Whether I'll update it consistently is another story.

----

Glenn Beck is back on the air in Cincinnat after almost a year's absence - and clearer than ever before! He is now on 96.5 FM SuperTalk, which recently changed formats from country to talk. That's right, FM! Stereo!
However, 96.5 only carries the show's last two hours, from 10am to noon. If you want to hear the first hour, 9-10 am, you will either have to tune in to Columbus' 610 WTVN-AM, listen on XM satellite radio, listen to an online radio station that carries Glenn, or become an Insider at GlennBeck.com.
In January, 550 WKRC-AM, who carried Glenn Beck since late 2001, dropped Beck in favor of Fox News' political analyst Tony Snow. However, Snow, a Princeton HS graduate, like myself, accepted a position with the White House as the Press Secretary in April, and his radio slot again became vacant.
WKRC held an online poll - although the majority of the votes were for Glenn Beck, the station manager chose to ignore the poll because many of the votes came from outside the Cincinnati market, and instead chose Laura Ingraham for the time slot.

----

Neil Patrick Harris had a life-changing event that made the news, and the top list of celebrities on AmIAnnoying.com - Legal troubles? Illness? Death? Break-up?

Nope. He's gay.

The actor, who rose to fame as the teenage doctor Doogie Howser, M.D. and currently starring in the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, gave the following statement:

"The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships. So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."

No comments: