Saturday, March 04, 2006

Super Saturday: Cardinals Busch TIX and UC-WVU

Today is a big day if you're a sports fan.

First, single game tickets for the Cardinals' inaugural season in the new Busch Stadium went on sale at 10am (9 am STL time). It was guaranteed to be a frenzy because only around 500,000 tickets would remain after Season Ticket and ticket packages were sold. Hell, they had to stop selling season tickets recently at 27,500.
Not to mention that about 6,000 seats may not be available until the All-Star break in July, which has the new stadium at a starting capacity of 10,000 less seats than old Busch Stadium had.

SOOO... I got up and got online before 10am (again, Eastern here), and tried for Opening Day, Monday April 10 vs. Milwaukee, but no luck as the sold out message came up around 10:30, but since I was really aiming for the first weekend, was still in good shape. I had two computers in the "queue" - this iMac running Safari, and the PC downstairs running Internet Explorer, and tried for two different games of the Reds series - Fri 14 and Sun 16.
Running back and forth was my game. but just after 11:30, I finally got a chance to buy for the Sunday game in my IE window downstairs. Yes, it set me back $85, but the print-at-home ticket is in my hands, and will be sitting on the Redbird Club mid-level at home plate.
This will be my first time sitting behind home plate at a Busch Stadium! Of course, I'll have many photos of this great new stadium - but if you can't wait, check out this great photo tour KMOV took on Friday!
Not long after getting the ticket, I landed a downtown hotel room off Priceline, $60 including fees/taxes. Add this to some time at Six Flags St. Louis, it'll suck to have to wait over a month, but it'll come eventually.

But thinking of today, UC is hosting West Virginia at Fifth Third Arena live on ESPN, and the Bearcats lead 37-31 at halftime. If UC wins, they're hopefully going to the NCAA tourney, and Andy Kennedy just might get promoted!
Tonight is the big Duke-UNC game at Cameron Indoor Stadium on ESPN at 9pm. UNC looks good, but it's time for the Blue Devils and J.J. Redick!

No comments: