Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Park Update: 6-15-05

Since the last post on SFStL:

5-30: Holiday World & Splashin' Safari. This was my first visit there in about two years. It was also my first chance to do everything at Splashin' Safari, including the new Jungle Racer, Bahari wave pool, and added in 2003, the Zinga funnel slide. This is also an impressive water park, which is much of the draw to Holiday World.
The Raven and Legend each ran only one train, but the crowds overall were light to moderate, which made this operation OK. The food was also good, not too expensive, especially since soft drinks are FREE and unlimited. I definitely appreciated doing the Liberty Launch a few times with almost no wait, since it has a single-rider line. Why S&S would make a 3x3x3x3 model is weird... The Thunder Bumpers was fun, as was the Eagles' Flight, but not as fun as the ones that used to be at my home park.
Oh, and watch out for a major expansion for 2006. The park's own HoliBlog is saying that the total investment will be approximately $13.5 million. Keep in mind that the wood coasters each were about $10 million less than that.

6-3: Cedar Point (CoasterMaina)
6:00:
Arrive to ride Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force. Within 4 hours, including walking around and donut break, I got 3 Millenniums and 2 TTDs. And I fit each time!
The park was crowded this day, but my friend and I waited no more than 30 minutes for anything. I got 2-3 hand-slap rides on the Gemini, which I think is my favorite coaster (or coasters) at Cedar Point, which is already loaded with some of the best coasters anywhere.
The catered picnic lunch was a highlight as well, eating lots of great free food, with friends.
The evening ERT included Disaster Transport with the lights on, and a good old Blue Streak ride. Getting bugs in the mouth on my rides on Raptor and maXair were also a memory, although not the best. But the closing of the night with 3 rides on the Magnum XL-200 was probably near the best, since the mid-course trim brakes were turned off, and the bunny hops were pure ejector airtime bliss!!! Most people like Millennium best at CP, but I argue that Magnum is better because of this serious airtime, even if the MF air is a lot gentler. I just love getting thrown around!
Adam Wasiljov: Beer. Furburgers. Jepordy! This is Elder-ly! Runaway Raptor. Reptar. Pujols.


No comments: